BC Hydro Power Smart for Schools Winter Safety livestream contest (the “Contest”) Terms and Conditions
1) Contest period. British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority (“BC Hydro”) Power Smart for Schools Livestream Contest (the “Contest”) begins on January 26, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 26, 2022 at 1:35 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”).
2) Eligibility. This Contest is open to K – 12 teachers in British Columbia, aged 19 years or over, who register and take part in the livestream on January 26, 2022. BC Hydro employees, their respective affiliates, and family members living with employees of BC Hydro are encouraged to participate but not eligible to enter the contest.
3) How to Enter. Visit https://community.bchydro.com/tb_app/471161, register for the livestream and take part in the trivia during the livestream event on January 26, 2022 1:00 p.m. PST. All participants of the livestream will be collected by BC Hydro at the end of the contest period. BC Hydro will do a random selection of winners.
4) Prize. There is a total of 3 prize packages that will be given. The prizes are a. Water bottle, b. Flashlight (High Sierra carabiner hook flashlight, 36-lumen COB, push on/off button, 3 AAA batteries) and c. First aid kit (Health Canada Compliant/ FDA registered), 600D polyester compact pouch with full zipper and attachment clip, 12 plastic strip bandages, 4 hand wipes, 3 BZK antiseptic towelettes, 2 sting relief wipes, 1 emergency rain poncho, 1 bullet shaped foam ear plugs uncorded, 2 cool blaze burn relief packets, first aid card. For the prize, one prize package (25 pcs) will be provided per class. Limit one prize package per class. Total approximate value of the prizes is $50 CAD. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and not convertible to cash. BC Hydro reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent retail value if any component of the prize cannot be awarded as described.
5) Prize Draw. Three random prize draws will take place on January 26, 2022. No correspondence will be sent to participants except to the eligible winner, who will be notified by email on the week of January 26, 2022.
TRIVIA LEADERBOARD: At the end of the event, participants that are in the top 10 scores on the trivia leaderboard will be a part of a random draw where two winners will be drawn.
PARTICIPATION IN CHAT: A random draw will be conducted on or around January 26, 2022 by BC Hydro or its designated agent to select 1 entry from all eligible Contest entries that participated in the chat during the event, as the winner of Prize 3.
At least two (2) attempts over five (5) business days will be made to contact the eligible winner by email and will be required to sign a standard Declaration, Release and Waiver of Liability form, confirming compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and releasing BC Hydro from any and all liability relating to the Contest. If the eligible prize winner cannot be contacted by email, he, she, or they will be disqualified, and a second contest entrant will be selected via random draw.
6) Consent. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree and consent to the use of their personal contact information (name, email) for the purposes of contacting the winning contest entrant for the purposes of administering the prize.
7) Warranties. By entering, you represent, warrant and confirm that:
8) Disqualification. BC Hydro reserves the immediate right to disqualify any entry that they deem in their sole discretion: (i) is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, or (ii) tampers with the contest in any way.
9) Decisions Final. Decisions by BC Hydro in respect of all aspects of this Contest, including but not limited to the eligibility of entries, are final. In the event of a dispute regarding identity of the entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the associated e-mail account. BC Hydro will be free from any liability occurring as a result of the prize being awarded or the use of the prize.
10) Limitation of Liability. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless BC Hydro and their respective partners, affiliates, advertising/promotional agencies, and their employees, officers, directors, representatives and assigns from any claims, losses and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest, and the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize awarded hereunder. BC Hydro, or any of their employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies do not assume responsibility whatsoever for delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to lost, interrupted or unavailable network server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, available or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, fax or cable transmissions, lines or technical failures or difficulties; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by the site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or other information; the failure to capture any such information; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronics, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, lost, destruction or damage to entries, in whole or in part; or other factors beyond their reasonable control.
11) Right to Modify or Terminate. BC Hydro reserves the right to withdraw, modify or terminate any part of this Contest if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned.
12) Conditions. By entering this Contest, the entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Terms and Conditions. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The sole jurisdiction to resolve any disputes concerning this Contest is the Province of British Columbia.
13) Privacy. BC Hydro will use the personal information submitted with the entry for the purpose of administering the Contest prize. Personal information will be detached, and stored separately from your survey answers. For the purpose of the above, “personal information” only includes the first name, last name, email address and phone number of the entrant. BC Hydro is collecting this personal information and running the Contest in furtherance of its conservation mandate under the Clean Energy Act. If you have any questions about how BC Hydro collects uses or discloses your personal information you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Call Centre at 604-224-9376 or toll free at 1-800-224-9376.
Browsers such as Safari on iOS require you to accept our cookies before entering. Click continue to accept cookies and enter the contest.